Monday, July 26, 2010

Old Ghosts

I like it when I look at words that I have given order to and realize that I wouldn't change a whole lot about them. I was looking at a story that I haven't looked at in six months (that is how long it has been with an editor) and realized that I really like them. I am changing a little here and there on it. Expanding my characters story, just a little, wondering where the road can lead him, but the bones of the story are still there.

I have been thinking of revisiting some of my longer pieces (And they shall have pages and we shall call them books) and seeing what I would change this time around. I have nothing to lose but time.

Just what I needed, more projects.

11 comments:

Rebecca Nazar said...

Brave soul. I make it a point not to look over stuff I have "out there"; it only makes me neurotic.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Rebecca, I haven't found any glaring errors in that piece, which is good. I don't need any more editors thinking I am a moron. I just want to expand on the story and see if it is any longer or needs to stay the same.

Cate Gardner said...

My words always need a good shuffle. I wince when looking at them.

katey said...

I'm with Cate on the wincing. Sometimes I like the story, but the words are generally wrecked. I think that's why I sit on long projects for months before returning to them :/

Natalie L. Sin said...

I think I need to make the text bigger. I accidentally read, "And we shall call them boobs."

Jamie Eyberg said...

Cate, but you use such lovely words.

Katey, it isn't a bad idea. I do the same thing.

Nat, I can see how that can happen. I am prone to Freudian slips all the time.

Danielle Ferries said...

I like revisiting an old story and realising how much I enjoyed it. Doesn't happen often with me, but when it does it's a good feeling.

Bobbie Metevier said...

It's also nice to look back and see how far you've come, too!

Barry Napier said...

That IS a cool feeling, though. At the very least, you could at least give the screen a knowing scowl to let those words know who's boss, regardless of how orderly they may seem.

Belly Ballot said...

Nice post. thanks for the shared with us. woven cotton fabric

Elizabeth Doll said...

Interesting and Informative post. thanks for the shared with us. web wordpress