Sunday, February 15, 2009

this one is for Jeremy

I don't know how many of you had a bust of a Valentines day yesterday (crowded restaurants, flowers that showed up wilted, ect.) I will have to admit mine was pretty good. Now before I sit down to read a pile of papers I have been wanting to get to here is a recipe that I made for my family last night. It only has five ingredients and takes two pans. It is a linguine with sausage and onions in a light sauce.

Needed:
1 pound Linguine
1 pound Italian sausage
1 medium onion (white or yellow)
1 cup half and half
some grated Parmesan cheese

Cook your Linguine (You can make a pound because this recipe actually reheats well) While you are waiting for the water to boil start to brown a pound of Italian sausage and one medium onion sliced (not diced) in a medium skillet. When the water starts to boil throw in your linguine and put in about 1/2 to 1 cup half and half and some Parmesan cheese (whatever you think, it is your taste buds here. I don't use measuring cups or anything) You are not wanting a paste just a nice light sauce to simmer the sausage and onions in. When the pasta is ready drain the water and pour the sauce on top and mix in. It is really easy and even with the water boiling it only takes about 25-30 minutes. Even my kids (well, the unpicky one) will eat it.

In other news, now that I am done dispensing recipes through my writing blog. (maybe one day I will do my recipe for brownie pudding. Yeah you heard me right, it is a brownie and it is pudding.) I have a pile of reading that I would like to get done today. Including some stories I need to go over for a friend and some personal reading I would like to finish. I would also like to write a little on chapter 4 of my yet unnamed book.

Have a happy Sunday and I hope everyone's weekend is going well.

5 comments:

Fox Lee said...

I made Hungarian goulash. Since it's cooked the night before, all I had to do was reheat it and boil some pasta! : )

Aaron Polson said...

Yummy. You have to share the brownie pudding recipe. Please...

Jamie Eyberg said...

Sure. I will send it to you on request but since it is a family recipe I won't divulge it en mass. jeyberg74 @ gmail(dot)com. You know the drill, take out the spaces and replace the dot with a period.

K.C. Shaw said...

Oh man, that sounds REALLY good. That's definitely a recipe I want to try.

Anonymous said...

Yummy. Now, if only my wife liked sausage.