Monday, January 5, 2009

Playing pool, shooting skeet and motorcycles

Natalie want to find out seven things about me. I am going to make her wait until tomorrow. Today I want to talk about the - just kidding. So without further ado,
Seven things about me you might not have known.

1. I still have a valid motorcycle license even though I no longer own a motorcycle. My mom wouldn't let me get a car when I turned 16 but she did let me get a cycle. (go figure, she said I had more experience riding than driving) My first bike was 1978 Kawasaki km100 when I was 13.

2. I am the oldest of four children. I have one sister who is only eleven months younger than me. My little brother is ten years younger than me.

3. I went to three different colleges before I got a single degree. I transferred from Iowa State in Ames to follow my soon to be wife. I ended up with a Bachelors degree in fine arts with an emphasis in creative writing, because I can't even draw stick people correctly.

4. I used to shingle houses for a day job. I have only fallen through one roof and off of one other.

5. I used to manage a pool hall/arcade. My clients were mostly drop out and hooligans. I have had at least two knives pulled on me and one trash can thrown at me. I liked that job.

6. I am an avid pool player. I have a table in my basement and I shoot with McDermitt cues. I have two of them. One is worth about 400-600 dollars and the other is worth about 350. I use triangle brand tips and carry my own cue ball with me to pool halls; just in case.

7. I used to be an avid skeet shooter but I haven't found the time or money to do that lately. I used to be pretty good at it too. Nothing like dusting a target that is flying away from you at 60 miles per hour.

I am not going to pick seven more people, but if you want to try it it was fun. Okay Natalie *sigh* I admit I had a good time doing this so you are off the hook with me. I forgive you.

9 comments:

Jeremy Kelly said...

I've never heard of anyone carrying their own cue balls to pool halls. You must mean business.

Transferring colleges that many times and coming out of it with a degree is very impressive. I am envious.

Aaron Polson said...

I would loooove to have a pool table in the basement, although I don't shoot that well.

K.C. Shaw said...

I think the last time I played pool was when I was 16...so about 65,000 years ago. I'm impressed at your dedication to the world's most boring game--er, I mean, the game my brother beat me at every time when I was 16.

Catherine J Gardner said...

Pool is about the only sport I don't mind playing.

Rob Brooks said...

I wish I had my own pool table. I don't play well, but if I had a table, I'd at least play a lot.

Natalie L. Sin said...

Yay!

Jamie Eyberg said...

Jeremy- a lot of bars use what are known as 'mud balls' they are a poor quality ball that you can't get any English on. The college thing only took me 6.5 years!

Aaron- I ran a pool hall and sucked, bad. I got better with time.

K.C.- the worlds most boring game is golf. It is horrible to watch on t.v. and I don't know why anyone would waste their time with it.

Cate- you can come over anytime.

Rob- That's the spirit.

Nat- :)

Carrie Harris said...

You fell through a roof? That explains a lot, like why you seem to find me funny.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Carrie- I didn't land on my head, if that is what you are implying, my parents did all the head dropping when I was but a wee lad.