Damn it is cold outside. I am not even going to attempt to start a car that hasn't been garaged overnight. At least my snow thrower worked yesterday afternoon and it didn't drift back overnight for once this week.
Received bad news in my inbox this morning. Apex declined my story. I am currently seeking a new market for this piece after I go over it one more time. Just for peace of mind on my end. It is a longer story (4300 words) and the only 'true' science fiction story I have ever written so markets are hard to come by. (It doesn't help that I have only sent it out to professional markets so far and received positive feedback. the only reason I am doing that is it came in as an honorable mention in the Return to Luna antho, which is a darn good book by the way.) Once I run out of pro markets I will work my way down the scale. I think it will find a home. I just don't know where.
I also received an email from Stefanie Freele at the Dogs: wet and dry antho and my flash piece is still in the running. That made me happy.
so let me see, I still haven't gotten an acceptance this year, but I now have one hold. Better than a sharp stick in the eye. I still think I am on track to send out my Dead Bait story tomorrow, or maybe Saturday depending on how tomorrow goes. I am not going to rush it just to meet a self imposed deadline.
Hope everyone has a warm and productive day, so stop reading blogs on the office computer and get to work.
Dreadball: New teams (to us anyway)
5 weeks ago