Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Busy week

It looks like I am going to get a lot done this week and very little of it will be writing. I hope to get a couple of hundred words knocked out today before my boy wakes up (although he had me up half the night so he might sleep until noon) I just removed a story from consideration from Coyote Wild because they seem to have gone into hibernation of some sort. I looked the story over and sent it off to Midnight Echoes. Felicity said they were offering quick responses but I have a feeling that her stories get sent to the top of that marketplace and don't linger in the slush for very long.

In other news I said I was going to get a lot done this week and I should probably expand on that. My house isn't finished. I have drywall to hang, stairs I need to re-tread and put risers on. Trim to install and I would like to frame up a bedroom in the basement but I don't know if I will get to that. There is also some wiring to do but I really don't want to start that until all of my framing is done. My wife is home this afternoon (we hope) and this weekend on call so we can't do anything anyway so I just as well work on the house. That and the temps are supposed to be well above freezing so I can set my saws up outside and not make the mess inside (that is the theory).

Well, I have taken up enough time here. I am off to knock out the chapter I am working on and try to get into the next one. I thought up a couple of tangents that could potentially draw this story into novel length. It will also bring in a supernatural element to the story. I look forward to seeing where this road takes me.

Happy Wednesday everybody.

11 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Good luck with Midnight Echo.

Jamie Eyberg said...

thanks Cate. I'm going to need it. although it is a really neat ghost story.

Carrie Harris said...

Good luck with the book and the flurry of work on the house. I'll be proud of myself if I manage to patch the hole in the wall.

Yeah, my son did it. With his head.

Aaron Polson said...

Good luck with ME, and the housework. I wish I had the time, tools, and skill to do everything I wanted around here.

Jamie Eyberg said...

You should be happy he didn't hit a stud. That would have hurt, although he wouldn't have put a hole in the wall. :)

Jamie Eyberg said...

Thanks Aaron. Actually being a carpenter is more about detail than skill. I am sure you would be fine. They didn't have all the fancy tools I have 100 years ago (many not even 25 years ago) and they did fantastic work.Amazing what you can do with a hammer, handsaw and chisel.

Fox Lee said...

Happy hump day!

BT said...

Good call on Coyote Wild - Ralan has it listed as possibly a dead market - that's not good news.

Good luck with ME. Flick was published in issue 1. She is highly thought of by the Aussie community, but as far as I know, she still has to submit like the rest of us plebs, and put her trousers on one leg at a time.

There's hope for us yet.

Danielle Birch said...

Good luck with the word count for today.

Jameson T. Caine said...

Yikes, just reading your list of things to do around the house made my back ache. I worked as a carpenter many, many years ago, but gave it up when I realized how much hard work was actually involved. Good luck with Midnight Echo.

Jamie Eyberg said...

And I notice that no one is offering to help me with the drywall :)