Monday, January 4, 2010

The first Monday of 2010

I am in an odd minority. It is tax season and I like it. I anxiously await new tax forms to come in the mail or through my e-mail so I can enter them on my forms. I am neurotic like that. It also signals the beginning of a new year. New year, new plans, new adventures. New goals.

I only have two actual goals I would like in 2010. One in my hands and one completely out of my hands. 1. I really liked Aaron's goal of keeping one sub in front of a pro-paying market at all times. I did a pretty good job of it last year and I will continue that tradition now. 2. This one will be out of my hands but I am going to TRY to get a book sold. This one will be harder. I only have one book out in the world. He is a good book and I was relieved and sad to see him go. We waved and he promised me he would keep in touch as I sent him off. So far I haven't heard anything.I am working on getting another book ready for the world and I look forward to shipping it off on that train when the time comes, but not before then.

In other news I have started another blog. This one isn't for commenting or daily posts (although it would be nice). This one is for keeping track of things. I am using it as an out-there-for-the-world-to-see spreadsheet of sorts. I am using it to keep track of sales: in-print, on-line, and forthcoming and the books that I read during the year. It is listed under my things to read column on this blog. It lists all six of my upcoming publications and, as I stated earlier, it won't be updated as frequently but I can dream that it will be.

Have a great day. Mine is starting off with a bang. School is back in session and I forgot my daughters lunch in the mornings chaos (whiny son monopolizing my time) so I have deliveries to make. Have a good one.

13 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

It's always fun to get back in the swing of things. The new blog sounds like a good idea. Simple and efficient.

Davin Malasarn said...

I can't believe you like to do your taxes! Well, that picked me up a bit. Happy New Year, and good luck with your goals.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Aaron- I needed something. It was kind of convoluted on this one. I think it cleans things up a bit.

Davin- I have never paid to have my taxes done. It is part of the joy of being an American. Plus, I can be more outraged by government waste because of the work I put into getting them my money. ;)

Barry Napier said...

I like the idea of the other blog. Only thing...it requires at least a bit of organization,...something I am terrible with...

But kudos to you! And best of luck with the book!

Jamie Eyberg said...

Barry, but it requires the least amount of organization. A bare minimum. BTW, I started Debris this morning. I will post a review on Amazon and B&N when I am done.

Carrie Harris said...

You're psycho, but I'm cheering for you anyway.

The psychoness refers to the tax thing, natch.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Carrie,maybe you should give it a whirl- although with your husbands income that would get complicated. I used to do them for half the people on my dorm floor as well. I could have really screwed some people over, but for a six pack I was a good little accountant.

Gabe said...

Sounds like some good goals. I just might steal them.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Go for it Gabe, At least one was already swiped from someone else so we just as well keep this thieves den going.

Fox Lee said...

I also enjoy making tidy columns of numbers : )

Cate Gardner said...

The new blog looks neat and accessible. I dread taxes... Mainly because I'm really bad at keeping receipts.

Katey said...

Organization makes me calmer-- I like the idea of the new blog, and hope it brings you all the comfort tax-loving list-makers can get!

Good luck!

Jamie Eyberg said...

Nat, there is something Zen-like about it. And numbers don't lie.

Cate, that is the key to good taxes, save everything in one place. You can organize it later.

Katey, it may not make me calmer, but it can't hurt.