Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Vacation

I really did get some writing done over the last six days. Really. Honest. It was on Friday, but it happened. I think I may have written on Thursday as well. In the meantime I had a good vacation (how can a guy with no job have a vacation?). I finished hanging 70 foot of gutter on my house and mowed the yard, that table top I was talking about months ago is closer to being done and is now perfectly round thanks to a jig I saw on The New Yankee Workshop. I also managed to grill out some delicious meat and ate some tasty sweets and went to the zoo with my family where I met with my sister, her husband and my niece who will turn 2 in a couple of months. It was fun.

Perhaps one of the most exciting things I did this weekend was reclaim my library. It has been used as a baby store room and impromptu toddler closet for the last 3 years. No more. My wife and I did a serious clean up and move around and it is now ours again (insert evil laugh here). I even spent a part of the 4th sitting in there reading in the leather club chairs, with the fireplace in front of me and dark wood surrounding me. A politically incorrect picture of Little Black Sambo on my right, framed and showing the little tyke outwitting the hungry tiger. It was great. I may have to escape to there again today.

10 comments:

Rebecca Nazar said...

Ahhhh, an adult space. Tis grand. Hold on, adult space sounds highly suspect. What I meant was--parent-downtime space . . . hmmm . . . . oh, never mind.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Rebecca, I know what you mean. Trust me.

Cate Gardner said...

Don't know about you having 'no job', you always sound pretty busy to me.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Cate, I just have no income which I guess counts as being unemployed.

Joshua Eyberg said...

Jamie do you make any money blogging? If you don't you should. That is what I am doing now. Learning and blogging and soon to be making money. :)

Jamie Eyberg said...

Joshua, no I don't make any money at it and I really have no desire to. (In my dreams I make money by eating M&M's and watching the History channel, but that hasn't happened yet.) I like the spontaneity and haphazardness of my little corner of the internet. Maybe someday, but not today. :)

Danielle Birch said...

A bolthole, a place to escape to read. Heaven.

Katey said...

Huzzah for reclamation! Sounds like the perfect space.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Danielle, I like the sound of that.

Katey, It really is a nice place. I wish I would have put a door on it though, and soundproofed it as well.

Nat, the only entertainment value would be of me hitting my fingers with hammers and cursing.

K.C. Shaw said...

The reclaimed room sounds wonderful! And after hanging gutters I think you deserve a vacation.