Thursday, September 25, 2008

Let the day begin

I started this morning looking at markets. I often do this, trying to figure out which ones I will hear back from next and I have narrowed it down to three markets that I should hear back from in the near future (two weeks or so) I figure at this point I should be hearing back from Susurrus: the literature of madness (Glass Jar, 1000 words, 123 days). Hobart (Open Graves, 5200 words, 65 days). Ninth Letter (Wine for Two, 2200 words, 10 days) These markets I have found are pretty predictable on their response times.

Some other stories I have given up waiting on and figure they will get back to me sometime (I hope) In particular I am having little hope for From the Asylum. They said they were going to get back to normal in August and it is, well it isn't August anymore. I could be wrong. The story I have out to Ploughshares that I sent out last month I don't plan on hearing back from them until May. That is just the way they are. I hope they prove me wrong.

I am feeling a good writing vibe today. I hope it translates into a good re-writing vibe but I will see.

In other news. I am reading a book by Lisa Gardner, Alone. Pretty well done and a fairly fast read. I am not the fastest reader in the world by any stretch of the imagination but in the little time I have to plow through a book I am making pretty good progress. It probably doesn't help that I like to pick up anthology books when I read novels and read several short stories in between chapters.

6 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Yeah I'm still waiting to hear from 'From the Asylum' too.

I always seem to hear from the people I least expect to hear from.

Fox Lee said...

I hear you. I have a story with From the Asylum and Horrordeuvres. They're two I really like, too.

Anonymous said...

Long time reader, first time (I think) poster.

I'm waiting on From the Asylum, too. Oh, and th Ghosts in the Machine anthology...

Best of luck to you.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Seems to be a pattern emerging here. hmmm (puts a thoughtful hand to his chin)
Barry- I looked up the ghost in machine antho and could find very little about it. I hope you hear back soon. Thank you for reading. I need to put you onto my reading list.

Rob Brooks said...

Heh. Good luck with From the Asylum. I've got one out 188 days now. I guess it's a fairly popular market, at least with your audience here. At least they're okay with simultaneous submissions! I think.

Jamie Eyberg said...

According to their guidelines they are okay with the sim sub. Mines been out for 223 days. like I said earlier, I just don't have a good feeling about this market right now and I hope I am wrong.