Friday, August 8, 2008

another day

Problems on the digital front.
We use a radio frequency type internet service. Mostly because I can't stand dial-up and it is the only local hi-speed I can get out here but apparently, after much time on the phone with tech support, we have figured out that the reason that I often have no internet access in the morning and often in the evening is because someone else operates equipment on the same wavelength. ( I have been telling them this since about the second week it was going on.)

Enough about that. Onward and upward. I am looking forward, good or bad, to hearing about a story I sent to the Return to Luna Anthology in June this weekend. They are announcing the results at the national Science Fiction convention in Denver this weekend around four o'clock (I don't know if that is local time or otherwise.) It should be interesting. I liked the story I sent them but I really don't know if I will be acceptable for the anthology. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

I am still waiting to hear back from Cindy Rosmus about a story I sent her for Yellow Mama. She asked for a rewrite and I gave her one.

After that I have been waiting for 228 days from Crazyhorse literary magazine. It sounds like a long time and to be honest it is. I sent it off the day before Christmas and I haven't heard anything from them accept the autoresponder they sent me. According to their website they still have the story and I look forward to hearing from them this year yet. I hope.

Better get going, write more after my weekend in Hannibal, MO. Am going to visit my sister and see if I can get Samuel Clemens to rub some of his spirit on me.

No comments: