Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Another month down the tubes

Well September seemed to go so fast and at the same time it drug on forever.

Everyone else seems to do these posts and they are one of my favorite things to read quite honestly (I like to read everything else you all write but I like to see how everyone's months stack against each other)

mine didn't stack that well I am afraid.
1. re-written about 5000 words in my YA book Big Chief's Gold (the title will probably be changed but it is easy to find on my flashdrive.

2. Wrote one piece of flash fiction, Lullaby. It was quickly accepted by Macabre Cadaver. Look for it on Friday with a piece from Aaron. (thank you Manny)

3. Had Solitaire, and other Games Children Play accepted to the Demon Minds print publication.

That was pretty much my month. Nothing fabulous. Nothing special. Not especially bountiful. I don't even have a lot planned for October. I would like to finish the second draft of Chief's Gold but I am really wanting to put some time in and make this one shine (I realize that doesn't happen with a second draft but I am trying to make my third draft easier to write) and I need to get my outline ready for NaNoWriMo. I have the idea, I just need to add the subplots and see where my characters take the story.

One more note, if any of you would like your book or cover letter gone over by a professional editor and get critique on said book or cover letter then I have a raffle for you. Just go to this site http://mischieffightscancer.blogspot.com/. all of the details are there.

Wishing everyone out there in blog world a great October. BOO!

One quick edition, check out my story, Lullaby and Aaron Polson's short, Dinner here http://www.macabrecadaver.com/

4 comments:

Carrie Harris said...

Two acceptances ain't nothing to shake a stick at, mister!

Aaron Polson said...

Lullaby...nice and chilling. The title was perfect; I wonder if the neighbor ever quieted the little one. ;)

Cate Gardner said...

Ooh, as Aaron said - chilling.

And how fabulous, it was up earlier than expected. :)

Jamie Eyberg said...

Thank you, I enjoyed writing it. and wouldn't you know, my boy kept me up all last night so I am running on whatever fuel I had from the night before. :)