Friday, April 17, 2009

Waddling cats and acceptances

I am watching a large, very pregnant cat waddle across the yard. No doubt looking to add to the already overwhelming numbers we already have here on the ol' homestead. I think she is one of many that will be adding to my current stock in Purina brand products around here.

Meanwhile, edits have been going well, if not as fast as I would like them too. I have been reading for a couple of friends and managed to get an acceptance to a magazine I can truly say is quite an honor. My story "Play Date" will be in Issue #5 of Sand. I have tried with two other stories to make it into Sand and have failed both times. I was actually inspired to write it by a story that was featured in the last issue of sand by J.C.Tabler called "Crib Death." In a couple of months, when you get the chance to read my story and then compare it to J.C.'s story you might be going WTF, but that is just the way my mind works.

In bigger news, today is the day that Felicity Dowker's book "A Phantasy Moste Grotesque" is released. Very excited for her. I am going out on a very short and stout limb by saying that this will, doubtlesss, be the first of many for her. (and the start of a fantastic year for most all of us her in this circle of bloggers, just a hunch).

Have a happy Friday. Have a great weekend.

12 comments:

Barry Napier said...

Congrats on the acceptance! I'll see you in the TOC!

Jamie Eyberg said...

Thanks Barry! :)

BT said...

Congrats on the acceptance.

I need to second your comments about Flick. I've read and reviewed PMG and then ordered a real copy anyway. It's that good, and she will be a big success in the not too distant future so get on the train while she's still one of the little people and willing to speak to us ;c)

Don't tell her but I think she could be in with a shout of best new talent at this years Ditmar awards - if you're not sure what they are, have a look on HorrorScope or check Wikipedia.

Aaron Polson said...

Congrats, Jamie!

Jamie Eyberg said...

BT- She does have a style that is all her own. And it works for her.

Aaron- like you didn't know :P

Cate Gardner said...

Congratulations, Jamie. :)

Jamie Eyberg said...

thanks Cate. I look forward to reading your story in the next issue.

Fox Lee said...

Congrats on Sand!

The word waddle makes me giggle : )

K.C. Shaw said...

Congrats on the acceptance! That's a nice way to start off the weekend. :)

Jameson T. Caine said...

Congrats on the acceptance! It must have rubbed off on me, cuz I got one, too!

Jamie Eyberg said...

Nat & KC- Thank you both! :)

Jameson (damn, now I just want to call you Tim for some reason) Congrats on the sale. Can't wait to read your story.

Felicity Dowker said...

Congrats on your acceptance, Jamie! I'm going to have to grab me a copy of Sand. They accept some fabulous writers. :o)

Thanks for the plug for my chapbook. I really hope you enjoy it! I was very chilled out about its release, but all this praise has made me a bit anxious...I hope I can live up to your kind words!