Sunday, June 13, 2010

I am back

I know. It has been nine days since my last post. I had no internet for most of the week and so I am just now getting caught up on bloggy things. I haven't been ignoring you, I haven't been around. I have been perusing the museums in Chicago, Illinois while their hockey team won the Stanley cup. I have some pretty good pictures I will try to post later. I got no writing done. I did manage to get some reading done because while I have found out I can't type worth a darn on a netbook size computer I can read in a less than quiet hotel room. I will get back to the writing tomorrow, and wouldn't you know it, I have another story idea to jot down (and remain forever undecipherable) in my idea journal.

Here are some things I learned this week while on vacation with the family. We CAN get along in a single room without good television for five days. My kids are less afraid of standing on a glass deck 1350 feet above the city than most adults. T-Rex's had a very narrow jaw. That is all. I am sure I will come up with more later but that is all for now. Have a good rest of the weekend.

8 comments:

Jeremy D Brooks said...

Nine days is when I'm ahead of schedule on my new blog...

I've heard Chicago is a fun place to hang out. I've logged dozens of hours of quality time with the Dinosaur skeletons and flashy lights at O'Hare, but have never made it out of the building. I hear there are some great restaurants down on the waterfront.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Jeremy, Chicago is a great restaurant town. It is easy to get around as well and that is coming from a small town rube. :)

Aaron Polson said...

I love Chicago. Before kids, my wife and I would make a yearly trip. We're taking the boys for the first time later this summer.

Glad you're back.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Aaron, this was my 4th trip to the Windy city and probably my best trip yet. Still, it is good to be home.

Katey said...

Sounds like a really excellent crop of new knowledge. I'm so glad Chicago was awesome to you this time around. I love it so hard.

Cate Gardner said...

Welcome back... I find most kids are braver than adults.

Fox Lee said...

Sure they have narrow jaws, but have you seen their asses?

Jamie Eyberg said...

Katey, it is one of my favorite big cities.

Cate, yes they are- and then they grow up and we lose it.

Nat, nature has a cruel sense of humor.