Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Need more coffee

This morning marked the first words I have written since Friday. Since it is only Tuesday I don't think that is too bad. I really only missed one day because I don't usually write on weekends anyway. It was fun, then I hit a point where the story just got stuck for me. I know where it is going but I am still unclear the best route to get there so I started on a short story I have been thinking about for the last week. I have no clue how I am going to market this story. None.

I hate it when that happens. I also hate when I don't know how long it is going to be. I am thinking in the 3-4K range but I can see it turning into a 7-8K piece as well. I know it is going to take a lot of editing to get it into publishable shape and then it will take a pretty niche market, but I could be wrong. Let us just say for now that it deals with a portion of the seven deadly sins, a preacher, and the stock market. And no, Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt will not be showing up in this story.

This is only the second short story I have worked on this year. How is this fine summer day treating you?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Morgan Freeman or Brad Pitt? Sheesh!

Glad you're writing. While the toddler's napping, I'm rewriting!

Fox Lee said...

Good summer for writing, not so much for flowers.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Ransom, I have a heck of a time writing while my two kids beat on each other. The screams are really distracting (just kidding).

Nat, we have gotten so much water this year- the flowers that haven't drowned have done very well. I am sure we are in for a drought now.

Mary Rajotte said...

Do they make kegs of coffee? Because I could use one too.

Cate Gardner said...

I usually think 3-4k and end up with under 1k. :(

Do something nasty to Brad Pitt, you know you want to.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Mary, a keg would be good. Oh, wait you said a keg of coffee...nevermind.

Cate, I usually know when I am going to end up under 1K. It is anything over that that becomes a mystery. I bet I could manage the nastiness. My wife would like that.

Barry Napier said...

Hey, I've only worked on two, also. although the third one is begging to begin...

Jamie Eyberg said...

Barry, let the good times roll.

Danielle Birch said...

Coffee is helping me keep my eyes open today. This is what I get for staying up late to watch Family Guy.

Butter Cookie Recipes said...

Good reading your post