Monday, June 14, 2010

monday post, again

I am working on a story, book actually, just trying to get the words saved before they are lost in the Swiss cheese that has become my mind. I have been getting away from the norm for me (working in silence, which just doesn't happen in this house anymore) and have been working instead on the fringe (spare moments here and there). It has been an interesting experience. It has been an experience out of necessity than choice and I will take it. If I couldn't adapt then I wouldn't be writing at all.

My still unnamed book is at 16K so far with no work done on it in the last week.

In other news, the grass is growing in the newly renovated part of my yard and if the rain ever lets up I will be able to mow it and take some nice pictures of the work my wife and I have done to it. In the meantime, here a pic from my vacation of me and the kiddo's.

10 comments:

Katey said...

If I couldn't adapt then I wouldn't be writing at all.

Dude. So true.

Those are some adorable kiddos :D

Jamie Eyberg said...

Katey, it had become a desperate situation in order to be creative.

Danielle Birch said...

If only our minds would cooperate. Your kids are very cute.

Jameson T. Caine said...

I often wonder if I'd have the stones to step out on a balcony like that. Maybe If I was a kid again.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Danielle, my mind is not a cooperative beast most days, and thanks. :)

Jameson, you can feel it move just a little when you step out on it. that is kind of unnerving.

Barry Napier said...

Best of luck on the book. And yeah, those are some uber cute offspring.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Barry, they get their good looks from their mother.

Cate Gardner said...

Spare moments... Yep, we take what we can get.

Echoing everyone else, gorgeous kids.

Fox Lee said...

I think I would get vertigo in there!

Jamie Eyberg said...

Cate, spare moments are wonderful. I need more of them. I think we all do.

Nat, you should have seen some of the grown men who wouldn't step on it. It was actually pretty funny.