Tuesday, November 11, 2008

And We Are Back

Well, after a long weekend, and weekday, I am back and ready to kick some literary butt. Well, maybe not literary butt but kick this writing thing in the butt and get some serious wordage down in my NaNo book. I kind of fell behind where I wanted to be be I am still on track to finish it by the end of the month. I was kind of hoping to be done with it around the 24th or so. It is really just an arbitrary date with no real significance but it looked good when I started this thing. I think, if the gods are smiling on me today I can breech the 20,000 word mark.

Unfortunately, while Mark is the re-write god I have no actual deity that I can go to for my actual writing. I might have to get out the woodcarving set and create one, maybe something with the face of Shakespeare and the body of a bunny rabbit and the tail of a zebra. I don't know what kind of luck he would bring but it would be fun to carve.

I had better stop daydreaming and start writing if I am going to make my goal today. (and to think I was actually going to talk of something of consequence today. Maybe tomorrow)

7 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

YAY! I've just hit 20,000 today too.

Jamie Eyberg said...

I have to wait for my boy to take a nap before I can attempt the feet. It is only 3000 words. How hard can that be?

Cate Gardner said...

LOL! I carved out a few hundred words at work. You're doing amazing looking after your son and writing.

Fox Lee said...

I would ask Buddha, but I suspect he would discourage caring too much about whether or not I meet my goal. Low maintenance faiths have their downside.

Aaron Polson said...

I'm all for the writer-idol. We could start a business, sell him/her/it on ebay.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Aaron- while I have the carving tools I have yet to learn to use then. I'm told that it is easy, like carving an elephant. just take off everything that doesn't look like an elephant. A Shakespeare-rabbit-zebra thingy can't be that hard. Can it?

K.C. Shaw said...

I want to see the writing god when you're done with it too. It can't be any harder to carve than to write 50,000 words in less than November, right?