Friday, November 21, 2008

Final push

I am going to get to get 4000 words written today, which will put me at 40,000 words total. I plan on putting the finishing touches on my 'masterpiece' (wipes a tear from eye after a good laughing fit) and cross the 50,000 word mark on Wednesday. I do take weekends off you know.

Actually, I took most of yesterday off and only managed about 1000 words in that. I wrote a piece for Dark Jesters and I must say I enjoyed a good laugh at creature horror expense. I just hope the editors see my humor. The story came in at a paltry 1600 words which follows the guidelines of between 1500 and 2000 words. It also managed to kill three hours of my day between writing and editing. I had fun doing it though.

I still can't find pictures of the deer that wander through the backyard. Will keep looking.

Better get to writing. I have 4000 words to go, just for today.

8 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

The fact that you wrote a story yesterday means that you didn't actually take the day off at all. ;) Wishing you luck.

Jamie Eyberg said...

I might not have taken the day off but it didn't count towards the monthly goal. I must say I am having fun with this. The last time I wrote a story this long it took me four months.

Aaron Polson said...

You can do it. 4K. In your sleep. Go to it. Most importantly, you're having fun.

Jeremy D Brooks said...

I need to do something for Dark Jesters...that just sounds fun.

Fox Lee said...

Whenever I think of writing short stories my brain screams. I think it's Nano's bitch for now.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Aaron- I got it done, the 4,000 words anyway. I was awake though.

Jeremy- Try it, it was a good time. I don't know what I will do with it if Jesters doesn't accept it but it was fun.

Natalie- I have a very hard time writing short stories right now. I think in the last couple of months I have only averaged about one or maybe two per month while I work on books.

K.C. Shaw said...

Oh, man, how can you (and practically everyone else doing Nano) manage these amazing wordcounts AND write short stories in between? I feel so...inadequate.

Jamie Eyberg said...

K.C. the only reason I get so much done in a day is because my boy takes really long naps. I also post my goals most days and I don't want to feel like a liar or a fool if I don't reach them. The short story was a bonus that came out of the blue. Who knows it could have really sucked and I don't know it yet.