Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hanging in there

You know that picture of the cat that every other person seemed to have in the early nineties and late 80's of the cat, grasping for dear life from the branch of a tree and below it were the words Hang in There. That is kind of what I am feeling like with my current batch of stories. I am just kind of hanging in there. I feel like my writing is better than 98% of the stuff out there but the editors are only taking the the top 1% ("I missed it by that much, chief," said Maxwell Smart)

I will hang in there until I am in the top 1% though, it might take a little (or a lot of time) and some patience.

In other news, my wife was pretty impressed she was Obi Won-Kenobi at 81% with Yoda as a close second at 80%. I was a little jealous. She is smarter than me though. She had to ask after she was done taking the test if that was good. (She really didn't get into the whole Star Wars thing.)

I did manage to rack up some more wordage on my book for NaNo today, despite trimming a door. I am now over, just over, 35000 words. I can start to see the light at the end of this tunnel.

I was going to post a picture of the combines that took out the corn across the road from my house but I think I will save it for tomorrow. Right now I am going to go watch some cartoons with the rest of the family.

4 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

All we can do is hang in there sometimes, and know you aren't alone.

Enjoy the cartoons.

Cate Gardner said...

I am in my work is 98% worse than everything out there mode. :/)

Carrie Harris said...

I had that picture, on one of those pieces of glass that you win at carnivals. How sad.

And I was Padme, followed up closely by Princess Leia. I am SUCH a girl.

BT said...

Sounds like your wife and I should get along great when you and I get that big book deal and finally get together.

It seems most of those who comment on the blogs we all seem to have gathered together are in the same boat with the 98%. That's a warm feeling to know we're not alone, but a very cold one to think we're all actually competing against each other to get to the top.

I promise not to step on anyone in my efforts to reach that magical 1%