Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Fin

Okay, the finish line has been reached, NaNo is done for me. At least this year. I am ready to enjoy my Thanksgiving and most of my family in a travel filled weekend, end of week, whatever it is and get back to a normal writing schedule on Monday.

Unfortunately, my 'book' still has about 20-30k of filling out to make it complete. I am thinking that is my new goal in December. I will worry about it then. In the meantime a Hearty Congratulations to Aaron, Cate, Natalie, Ransom, an K.C.who all completed well ahead of me in their noveling exploits for the month. and so I don't slight my aunt who had plenty of good news herself please read my post from earlier today to find out what I am talking about.

One more thing before I go. I want to say that Barbara Custer sent me an e-card (Hallmark no less) wishing me a happy thanksgiving. She is the editor of Night to Dawn. This marks the first time that an editor has sent me anything that they didn't have to. I wish to thank her and let it be known that she is a very nice person (and she has fabulous taste is stories)

Now go out and enjoy everything that the next couple of days brings, be it Thanksgiving or just the end of the week.

8 comments:

Fox Lee said...

Woot on finishing Nano!

BT said...

Congrats on completing NaNo. Has it been useful? Will you be able to use what You've crafted over the last month to create a salable piece?

Aaron Polson said...

WHOOT! Enjoy the travel, family, etc.

Cate Gardner said...

CONGRATULATIONS! And HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Jamie Eyberg said...

Thank you everyone. as far as if I consider NaNo to be useful. I think that depends on the person using it. I have written two other books in the last year. both took much longer and were actually shorter pieces. One was abysmal and the other one needs a little more work but this one was different. I would consider it a salable piece after i go over it. (I hope)

K.C. Shaw said...

Congrats on finishing!! I hope your Thanksgiving has been lots of fun and good food.

Carrie Harris said...

YAY! Go you! Congrats on making it through Nano with days to spare! I bow down before your superior talent.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Carrie it is no wonder you make me laugh with your agented humor.