Monday, November 3, 2008

So this is what NaNo is like. . .



this is kind of what I feel NaNo is like. Like hiking to the Yukon without a clue.

I have however breached the 6000 word mark on my story, thanks to an intensive session while my boy slept where I just wrote over 4000 words in just over 2 hours. I am mentally drained. I think I will go enjoy an adult beverage and perhaps rake some leaves.

Before I go, J. Lee Moffatt over at Drops of Crimson just emailed me (It was a mass email but I got it nonetheless) that they are needing stories, poetry, and art for the December issue, so if you have something to give (it is a for the love market with a print antho at the end of the year) you can send it his way.

Now I need to find a literary market for a story that just got rejected by Witness.

Later.

7 comments:

Fox Lee said...

I've adored that comic forever : )

Jamie Eyberg said...

My personal favorite.
The far side is a close second.

Aaron Polson said...

Long live Calvin and Hobbes!

Jeremy D Brooks said...

Thanks for the heads-up on DoC...if I bomb at Cafe Doom, I'll need a home for my story.

Cate Gardner said...

4000 words in 2 hours - amazing.

Carrie Harris said...

Love Calvin and Hobbes. And that series is fabulous. Don't they bring marshmallow sandwiches to the Yukon?

Jamie Eyberg said...

Cate- I really don't know how it happened. I'm not even following my outline.

Carrie- Great senior pic by the way. Yes they do take marshmallow sandwiches and fight over the commander helmet.