Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm just getting started-

Okay, it is 11:30 in the morning, my boy, amazingly enough, slept all night and even slept in this morning allowing me to get in 1000 words or so first thing. That just leaves me a good afternoon nap to hit my goal of 30,000 words finished by the time he wakes up.

I think I can do it. All I have to do is ignore him when he wakes up early. (Just kidding on that part. I am still ahead of schedule as far as I know. I am just behind Cate, Natalie, and of course the animal that is Aaron.)

On a lighter note. Just received an e-mail from Spinetingler magazine about a story I sent then in August (Burnt Offering) is still under review for the spring issue (along with about 60 other stories) but their winter issue should be out by Christmas time. Spleee!

I also received a rejection from Summerset Review for my short Wine for two this weekend so I went through the story again and sent it on to Clockwork Phoenix on the final day Mr. Allen was taking submissions. He wants fantasy on a literary level and that has been one of my stories that I have, until yesterday, only been sending to literary markets. It is the second story I have sent them and the first one, while still a rejection, was a nice rejection.

Good luck NaNo-ing to all and have fun with it. Later.

10 comments:

Fox Lee said...

Aaron is an animal. Every time I check my writing buddies, I feel a little less worthy. Stupid relaxing weekend.

Cate Gardner said...

I like to think we are all ahead of the game. I hope you're not dosing your poor boy. :) Ooh, and congratulations and fingers crossed for your story.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Enjoy your relaxing weekends. You still wrote way more than I did and I am not worried, yet. (I really don't think worrying is in my nature though.)

Jamie Eyberg said...

Cate- don't worry, I'm not dosing the boy (yet). Still haven't heard from Boston Review or Asylum yet.

Aaron Polson said...

I watched An American Werewolf in London last night (a reward for cresting 40K).

Now that guy was an animal. (heh...sleep-deprivation joke...sorry)

Jamie Eyberg said...

Aaron- I just passed the 30,000 word bridge and I am about ready to celebrate, I think it will be a leisurely game of pool.

BT said...

Congrats on 30K!

I tried to look into the market you mentioned "Spinetingler Magazine" but I can't seem to locate the guidelines for fiction submissions - am I missing something?

Keep up the good work!

BT said...

Found it - Not sure what your link is meant to be pointing to but try here for spinetingler guidelines:

http://www.spinetinglermag.com/node/4

Rob Brooks said...

ISn't it great when the kids sleep in? My boys are 2 and 3, and they usually make it till about 7:00. And they think naps are optional.

Carrie Harris said...

Go NaNo peeps, go!

And I've got fingers and toes crossed for you.